what we believe
Industrial Supply Quality Policy
"We strive to provide our customers with the highest level of service and value, and ensure compliance with customer requirements. We seek continuous improvements to ensure that our customers receive materials on-time, in full, and as ordered."
Customer service will always be the defining quality of our success.
- We are committed to win/win, interdependent relationships that promote working together as business partners for our mutual success
- We believe that speed, performance excellence, and the appropriate application of advanced technology are critical to compete effectively in today's business climate
- We strive to put downward pressure on all our operation costs so we can be the low cost – high value choice for our customers
- We are a "Lean" company focused on increased efficiency and continuous improvement
Our promise to our customers
- Understand their business
- Help increase the quality, productivity and safety of their operations & products
- Use appropriate technology and speed to deliver solutions when and where they are needed
- Provide the highest level of service and value to reduce their overall cost
- Act with integrity in all aspects of our business
Our commitment to our employees
- Create a great corporate culture that places high value on employee diversity and a positive working environment
- Focus on continuous education
- Promote the fundamentals of "7-Habits" and "Lean" principles in our daily operations
"THE ONLY THING IN LIFE I WANT TO BE IS A SUCCESSFUL LEADER WHO BRIDGES THE DIVIDES BETWEEN PEOPLE."
VP of Business Development
No two people are alike. No team achieves its best work without a variety of perspectives.
And no company is successful without a winning strategy that comes from a broad diversity of ideas. Our commitment to diversity is at the core of our business. It's a proud tradition and a strong conviction that differentiates and defines us, and it enriches our workplace every single day.
At Industrial Supply, we promote diversity in all levels of our organization – seeking out talented individuals of every race, ethnicity, gender, age and orientation. Together, our unique talents and backgrounds help us bring you the best possible suggestions for your success.
We also take an active role in our community, working closely with the Governor's Office on Economic Development. For decades, Industrial Supply was a women-owned business; and today, we continue to help minority-owned and women-owned businesses in their efforts to become 8-A certified.
GIVING BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY
When our founder, Rudolph Orlob, started the business in 1916, he understood that when his community thrived, his business would too. With this philosophy in mind, Orlob built his business but also worked equally hard to build his community. Confident that fostering a community in which individuals could participate fully - not only as consumers, but also as citizens, workers, family members and volunteers — he nurtured principles that guide our company today.
After nearly 100 years of supporting industry, we fully understand that supplying industries such as Kennecott, Boart Longyear and the former Geneva Steel allow these companies to provide the work and livelihood of thousands of individuals who are strengthened and unified by their communities.
To further support our communities, we give back through charitable donations and our work with organizations, including the Utah Food Bank, Prevent Child Abuse Utah, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Huntsman Cancer Foundation and many other local institutions that contribute to the well-being of individuals in our community.
Because each community has its own unique facets, we also stay engaged in additional activities that help strengthen our economy, our sense of unity, and our internal workforce.